Friday, April 17, 2009

Flashback...too much...not enough.

Yay!

For those of you who have heard my ponderings by the tree at Orchard Grove Cemetery,
I think I may have figured out who Martha Vandercar was.

The visit with Ruby and the powers of the magic box (Internet) are making me wish I could be on a permanent Heritage Vacation....everyday...and scan, scan, scan...and hunt, hunt, hunt and write, write, write.

But alas there is too much info and not enough time.

And now it's almost 5 a.m. and the genealogy bunny trail must end for now.

But I'll be back.

Love,
Your Nostalgic Nerd

Directions to here:
This is how Ruby did her genealogy research...old school style.
I'd love to put the internet at her finger tips.
This is one of her books. There's a similar one on ABE books, listed at $375.00.

oh, and Susie and Bobby, it's four hours later and I'm still not sure when the cabin was built!
But I might know who Martha is!
I remember reading it, maybe in one of the 4-H books you guys did. Also, is there a book that has a picture of Carl Kenney on a horse. Seems I may have read it there, since he supposedly had the station for awhile.

No comments: