Tuesday, February 09, 2010

I Wish.....

I wish she could have been there to hold Janet's hand on THAT December morning.
I wish we could have seen her try to hold back laughing out loud when Dozer delivered the rings up the aisle on Darold and Alene's wedding day.
I wish I could hear Taylor say "hello Memaw Honah !" ...with his 18 year old high school graduate voice.
I wish I could see Casey bend over at the waist to give his Great Grandma a hug.
I wish I could see Jerry sidle up to her and deliver the punch line to his joke with a straight face and see the her face light up when she “gets it” and Jerry’s trademark grin and laugh that follows.
I wish she could see how absolutely perfect Susie is at being a Grandma.
I wish I could have seen Matt introduce Chari to her.
I wish Chari could stand next to her in the Range Line Choir and sing the alto part.
I wish I could see Conner give her a ride in the Gator.
I wish I could see her amused by Zach’s stories, phrases, faces and gestures.
I wish she could see that Jeremy has grown up, but is still the same kid that thinks most of life is “alsome.”
I wish I could have heard her say to Jeremy’s new girlfriend, Kelly, “you look familiar, haven’t I seen you around the Hayden house before?”
I wish I could see her go nose to nose with Drew making faces at each other.
I wish she could have seen those pearls come out of the jewelery box to be worn by another young bride.
I wish she could have seen Ryan say his vows to his two best girls.
I wish she could have seen how Papa Bob’s face and the halls of Whittenburg lit up when Jacinda came bouncing in the room with a smile and a milkshake.


to be continued.....

8 comments:

m said...

...she was around to see and hold eliza.

...she could have met james and see us get married.

...we could have had more monopoly moments.

Big Papa said...

...she would have been able to meet and get to enjoy all of my wonderful daughter-in-laws

...she would have been able to meet and honor my favorite son-in-law

...she would have been able to share all the joys we've been blessed with through our five grandchildren

Patty said...

...she would have been able see her last grandchild graduate from high school

...she would have been able to give that grandchild the memory book that she would have made for her

...she still could give grandkids and great grandkids the valentine cards she always gave

...for just one more hug

Anonymous said...

She was here to share my pain

She was here to share my joys

She was here for more "family time"

The Farm said...

...she could have seen my grandkids singing "God Bless America" to Papa Bob at their grave one day (I know they heard)

...she could have held all our grandbabies on her lap

...she could be at our "Sunday dinners"...what fun we've had over the years

...she could see our "Memory Keepers" family videos..thank you Nancy

...she could see the love we have for each other!!

Anonymous said...

...i could have met this amazing woman!

m said...

continue!

i want to see more. :)

Big Papa said...

"Heaven is for real" and someday, thanks to Jesus, we will wish no more as we are reunited in His home.