Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Gratitude Rant.....Jingle Jangled Followed


Facebook, the Universe and God are co-conspiring and winking at me again.

I didn't sleep very well last night, woke up achy, feeling meh and a little queasy and stayed home from work.

I got some sleep. Drank some tea. Made some soup and felt a little better.

I was reading a book about mindfulness and how amazing our 5 senses are and it had a 5 minute exercise where you closed your eyes and focused on hearing Sounds...
not judging them good or bad or labeling them...
just listening, hearing.

Which,led me to be amazed at all the science and medical stuff I don't even pretend to understand about how sound is made and how we can hear it...

Which,led to a 20 minute gratitude rant in my journal about how grateful I am for all the things my body does that I take for granted and all the amazing sounds there are in the world and how hearing them can change and uplift my emotions/thoughts/body chemisty in an instant (think baby giggles and the Hammond B3 Organ)...

Which led to me to think of the line that says "in the Jingle Jangle morning, I'll come following you.."

Which led me to googling "Hey, Mr. Tambourine Man" lyrics...
(Which,by the way, led me to finding out Bob Dylan turned 75 yesterday...Happy New Year, Bob)...

Which led me to playing the Byrds version of this song...on vinyl...(because I can HEAR the difference in the warmth of the tone)...

Which led to dancing hippy style (like the 'groovy dancer' guest at Bobby and Jess' wedding) :)
and shaking a tambourine,
and raising one hand 
(like the verse that is in Dylan's version...but left out of the Byrd's version)
...while singing and falling under it's spell...
because you know, I promised to...just like the lyric says.


So...there.
Jingle Jangle...Followed.


Directions to here:

Then,
later tonight...
Facebook, the Universe and God winks by showing me this beautiful video of a girl signing a song...
so her friend can "hear" the lyrics.


I may be losing my hearing :(
But, the message of the blessing of sound is coming thru Loud and Clear.
How great is it that we have ears to hear?!


So great!
So grateful!

No comments: