Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Years Eve Matters

I won't go into the details, but due to plans others had and plans others made for me (work), I ended up with nothing to do on New Years Eve.
Now, before you feel sorry for me...I had a great New Years Eve, Eve and a great New Years Day...(pictures later).
As much as I kept telling myself..."forget it, it's just another nite"...I knew to me, it wasn't just another nite.
I've decided:
New Years Eve Matters.
It matters because:
1. I'm a sentimental, symbolic meloncholy. I attach meaning to everything. New Years Eve should be a time for looking back on the life of that year and reflecting, resolving, remembering, reliving...and celebrating. And New Years Eve should be a time of looking forward to the next year of life with hopes, expectations, dreams and wonder.
2. This should be done surrounded by, if so blessed the person you love and the people you love most. (silly hats and champagne are optional, but highly recommended).

So, having come to terms with the above, I gave up trying to rationalize that New Years eve is a night like any other nite. I won't try to convince myself otherwise. To me, it's not, simply because I am who I am and it is what it is to me. And I'm ok with that. I'm glad it matters. I know this now and will plan my next and next and next accordingly no matter what plans I or others have.

Directions to here:

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1....Happy New Year!

No comments: