Thursday, March 20, 2008

Go ahead and laugh at me....

Bobby yelled "Aunt Nancy!,"
when I walked in the door wearing it.
And when I looked up he, Amy and Joe were laughing at me with the look of "yep, she's crazy."
When I gave it to Farmer Jerry for his birthday present....he said,
"I ain't wearing that."
I said well, that's ok, I'll wear it when I come to the farm.
It's a perfect Gator hat.
Truth is, it was a cheap Birthday gift.
There is a thrift shop next to the bookstore and
instead of selling books they get, they sell them to us. I'm the buyer, so I end up spending a lot of time in their back room = I get to see a lot of "stuff." I saw the JD hat and asked how much and Ish, my thrift store worker friend, gave it to me for free.
It got tossed around the grand kids heads and ended up on the tv cabinet.
Fast forward to Moline Illinois and the Gathering of the Green, where there is all things vintage John Deere and guess what was in a booth:
priced:
$135.00
Yep.
Go ahead laugh at me, I'm crazy.
Looking good, Farmer Jerry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a deal!!! I love it!

Luke