Monday, November 24, 2008

Shoulda stayed down on the farm.

Went to Sunday dinner and instead of my usual leaving Monday morning and going straight to work, I left Sunday night in order to be a good girl and keeping my medical resolutions and Dr. appointment on Monday.

Well, I shoulda stayed on the farm.
'Cause after 17 years of driving back and forth from Indy to Lowell, I finally met Officer not so friendly.
He was parked on the opposite side of the road, facing oncoming traffic, with no lights on, just south (I'm sure) of where the speed limit sign changes from 55 to 40 on a deserted back road at 1 in the morning.

No mercy,

no warning.

Just a ticket

and a court date.

Bah humbug.

Directions to here:
I'm thinking about removing the policeman from my flat person collection.

2 comments:

james and michele said...

you did way better than me! i had a perfect record until i lived in indy. then i got into two accidents (one rolling of the car, the other just a slide of 65 in the snow) and pulled over three times. all within 3 months! granted the first pull over was in hebron, and i think the cop was just bored, and gave me a warning for my license plate light being out, but still! there went my perfect record. bah humbug indeed.

Unknown said...

Big hisss...sss, snortttt, taking after your big sis...lead foot.