Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Vacation....all i ever wanted....

Vacations.

We are all different.

Sister Susie likes to LOOK and LEARN on vacations.

Sandy says:
"I don't want to LOOK and I don't want to LEARN," opting for a BOOK and the BEACH.

Jeff
likes to climb MOUNTAINS and ski down MOUNTAINS shooting guns in both directions.

Mike and Verna
like to ride on TWO WHEELS, while carrying a small house behind them, oh and their little dog too.
Janet
is happy just to spend a vacation day at the track or with FAMILY at various EVENTS.


and me?

well, I, not so surprisingly FOLLOW MY BLISS and blaze my own trail when it comes to vacations.

there have been
BIRTHDAY DRIVES

OLD ROUTE
road trips

MUFFLER MEN
quests
MERMAID
sightings

AIRSTREAM
LIVING
ODD MUSEUM
tours
and
TREASURE HUNTS

I have a vacation coming up and have been planning what to do.
My first idea was to have Cousin Ruby come to visit and make it a Heritage Vacation...taking her to visit all of Dad's remaining cousins and introducing her to the new generation, but her Alabama relatives got to her first and she's going to visit them in October.

I still have an idea for a Heritage tour...to work on geneology...not in the facts and figures sense, but in the tell me this story, because you may be the only one that can, sense.

Tonight I stumbled upon a really great idea...that I would love to do.

It's a SOCIAL MEDIA vacation.

This guy took a Social Network Road trip and visited all his facebook friends.
The documentary is interesting and explores the dynamic of "friends" on Facebook and if it is really "connecting" or not. I'll leave those answers up to each individual.

But man, I'm just sayin' it would be one heck of a trip:
spanning the globe and with the different crowds I've hung out with over the last 45 years,
would span from A-Z in regards to cultures, age groups, political...religious...and social views. It would be interesting, fun and even in some cases strange to connect face to face with family and friends across the globe.
With the price of those international flights and gas money, I better start saving now!

Directions to here:
So, still don't know what I'm doing on vacation.
I have a feeling with what's on the menu for THANKSGIVING (!) and Christmas around the corner, it might involve a computer, some scanning and some video editing.

1 comment:

Cori said...

I'm definitely a blaze my own trail kind of girl too. You're so lucky you got to see the weeki wachee mermaids! They're on my list of things to see!! I checked out that guys social network roadtrip, what an awesome idea.