Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Turner Trip...Day Two...Afternoon

I did get back on the highway. And I did drive lots of miles without stopping. But in Tennessee even the Interstate is full of photo opportunities.

I had to stop and see what this place was all about.









Fireworks.
It always amazes me that there is one Fireworks place that can stay in business, let alone one at every other exit. I never see cars there. Some day I'm gonna investigate this world and see what kind of people keep these places in business.
But whoever they are and whoever the owners of this place is,God Bless their red, white and blue
Americana Patriotic Heart.

On the other side of the road there was a sign from my working girl past.
And an outlet for Sister Susie..."two please."

And I am not making this up...

These two things were living side by side.

I HAD to stop to take a picture of this sign.
A friend of mine had stopped a few years ago and took a picture of a neon Christmas Tree on her way back from somewhere.
I'm pretty sure this is the one. She told me about having to jump a fence to get the shot...and sure enough the INN was closed and fenced off, but I went to the parking lot of yet ANOTHER fireworks place and stepped around the corner and got my shot. Then turned around to find this one hiding in the trees.

By this time, it was later in the afternoon. I realized that I was not gonna make it to the beach house at a reasonable hour. So I resigned myself to waiting to see if Jill would call me...and got off the Interstate and onto the road that went in the general direction toward South Carolina...but thru the mountains of Tennessee.

Directions to here:
You'll soon see that I'm glad I did!

No comments: