Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ruby Tuesday

 At the Lowell Library...kickin' it old school with the one and only Ruby...of Ruby Tuesday fame.

I have been doing a lot of reading about Lowell History on the Lowell Library's excellent website.
I read about some scrapbooks and wondered if the Library had them in their files.
Ruby and I stopped by to ask questions and we found that the Library has lots of local history resources and friendly workers to help you find them.
Ruby was in her element as this is how she did ALL of her research (way before computers existed).
She found this treasure in an old Lowellian before I could even get back to my seat:
Bob Vandercar 
(Ray Rinkenberger to the right of Bob)

We asked for information on the Kenney family and the librarian pulled a thick folder out of the filing cabinet.
She said, "Oh, you're in luck...there is a whole book in here!!"
I was proud to point at Ruby and say, "Oh, yes! And she wrote it."

What an honor to spend a "Ruby Tuesday" with Ruby herself!

Directions to here:

When we were leaving the library, Ruby stopped at the desk and whispered to the lady...
"If I lived here, you would have to kick me out of here every night."

: )

No comments: