Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Whatta ya gonna do with that?"..#2

I was in Georgia on the way home from Florida (the part of the trip...I have yet to blog about)...and at an antique shop carrying this very heavy silver thing. I got to the counter and the lady said "oh, you have your hands full!" I said, "yeah and I can just hear the question: "whatta ya gonna do with that?" and my phone rang. Guess who? Yes, the very same person who always asks the question. I had to laugh out loud...and couldn't even name or explain what it was I just bought.
And I guess I still can't.
But....
Why?

1. Because it's silver...and I can't resist anything silver.
2. Because it's space-age modern...and I can't resist the "stars in the eyes" hope of the space-age modern era, think: "The Jetsons!".
3. Because it's homemade. Because someone out there looked at a plain old empty tank and saw a space age modern rocket inside wanting to come out!
4. Because it would be a great lawn ornament...next to the lawn ball I will have in my yard, when I have a yard, someday.
5. Because it brought me joy-Jetson style.

For now, I plan on putting it next to my door...in the corner...warning visitors that the spirit of space-age modern hope lives here.

Directions to here:

For more space age modern hope go here and click on the gallery link.



No comments: