Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Whatta ya gonna do with that"...#1

So, now that you have all gotten a look into the back of the wagon, I promised some explanations.
Every Kane County, Indian Oaks, Four Flags visit...I hear this from a certain family member at least once: "whatta ya gonna do with that?"
Well, I always have visions in my head, even if most of the stuff does end up piled high and stacked deep.
Nancy N. said of her doll collection and accessories..."there are many things you can add to your collection...just to bring you more joy." I think that's gonna be my standard answer from now on...
Q: "whatta ya gonna do with that?"
A: "Bring me more joy!"

Today's joy: Gas pump Doors:

"Why?"

1. Because they remind me of this place:


2. Because, living in an apartment, it wouldn't make sense to have the full sized pump.

3. Because gas pumps used to be an incredible form of artwork and when restored it could look like these:

4. Because gas pumps are cool and collectible (Jerry even thinks so). For more go here: thepumpdump.com

5. Because they would look awesome at either end of a low bookshelf.

6. Because I am my dad's daughter.

7. Because these particular pumps have a deco design.

8. Because this wouldn't fit in the car or in storage for that matter:


9. Because they were a good deal and I liked the couple that were selling them.

10. Because they fit in the car (even the mazda)!

Directions to here:
As Found on the 127 longest yard sale (450 miles)...somewhere in Kentucky, August 2005

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna love this new feature on your site! Keep it up!

Luke

Anonymous said...

I wish they still paid that much attention to the design of gas pumps..might ease the pain of paying so much to fill up. Check out this site, I thought of you aunt nancy!

http://www.marjolijnmandersloot.nl/

-cori

Anonymous said...

p.s.

click on the picture that's second column, fourth row.

-cori

nancy said...

Cori,
Exactly...I would have a much easier time dropping $50.00 at the pump if I had candy drop looking pumps filling my tank....and the picture link was fantastic...could you imagine how unglued I'd be if I came across that on a trip? It would be Bobblemania!

Patty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.