Tuesday, November 20, 2007

One mile from Joan

So, I'm at the Louisville store Grand Opening on Saturday and I'm working at the register and suddenly I hear one of my favorite lyrics:
"Won't you turn around, 'Cause I hate when I cannot see your face"
and realize that Joan Osborne's Early Recordings is playing over the speakers.
When I see Aaron, the manager, I say "I love you for playing Joan."
He then responds by saying "You know she lives about a mile from here."

Shut up.

I've been in Louisville since Wednesday nite and on Saturday I find out I'm one mile from Joan?
If I knew that, I would have been on the lookout all weekend. I would have been roaming the streets and alley ways.
Aaron then tells me that he once bumped into her as she came out of the bathroom at the "Hideaway" on open mic night.
I tell him, that's it, I'm transferring to Louisville and working at his store until I get to bump into Joan.

People, it's old media Tuesday.

I'm telling you if you think you've heard Joan Osborne because you heard "One of Us" played 1 million times on the radio and vh-1 video rotation in 1996, think again.
(By the way the video to that song is brillant).
No, you haven't heard Joan until you listen to this:
Joan Osborne: Early recordings.
It is stellar and once you listen to it, you'll know why I spent the last few hours I had in Louisville searching everywhere, each and every aisle, each and every face for Ms. Osborne and telling everyone I was only one mile from Joan.

No comments: