Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Media Tuesday...you oughta know...

You oughta see:
Away From Her
But, prepare to cry.
We went to the library screening of this film last Friday. It is tender, heartbreaking and yet amusing enough to not just wash you away. The characters are different and both likable and unlikeable at times...but it's the story that will leave you pensive. It was all a little too close to home and I have to say I had to numb myself a little to keep watching. If you've ever walked through an assisted livng/nursing home, you'll be familiar with the 3rd main character that is not credited in this film...it's the place itself and the feelings it provokes...and this film captures it all too well.


You oughta hear:
Counting Crows - A Long December
An anthem.
I first heard it around the time Mom was in and out of the hospital.
I remember hearing it the night Heidi went to the E.R. with a broken wrist.
I listened to it when I was broken down and stranded in Sircoxie, Missouri.
And it was the first thing I listened to after the last meeting with HR (thank, god) and signing the papers to leave Crusade.
I listen to it every December 1st.
And it still moves me and means a lot to me.
Na, na, na, na....yeah.

No comments: