Saturday, December 01, 2007

And to those that love them....

The Hunter Widows
Helen Jean and Faith

After reading Verna's comment, I remembered that I forgot to post this special picture in yesterdays ramblings.

All hail to the women who are married to the hunters!

I guess my mom knew what she was getting herself into since:
1. They were engaged while squirrel hunting and
2. They went pheasant hunting on their honeymoon.
Even tho she owned her own gun (which by the way I only found out at Joey's birthday shoot), I have a feeling she didn't really care all that much about hunting or fishing. Maybe she "didn't mind it", but I think she did it because she loved my dad.
So here's to the women who went along, packed lunches, cleaned fish, stayed home with the (6) kids (for a day or a week ie: cabin in Penn.), cut up, ground, froze and cooked deer meat, kept Thanksgiving dinners warm (after fixing them by themselves...with the (6) kids "helping") and let their home interior decor be mixed with antlers and head mounts. Can you say: L-O-V-E ?

They are just as good sports...as our outdoor sportsmen!

Directions to here:
thanks for all the comments!
I love them and hearing what memories these photos bring back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and we are very thankful for the women in our lives...whitney just helped me process our deer last night. we have meat in our freezer again, so she is happy.