Wednesday, March 28, 2007

highway 41...Day 5...Sarasota at Sunset



Mission accomplished at Weekie Wachee, I pulled out of the parking lot and headed south on 41.

It was all twizzlers, chips, cokes, Americana playlist on the ipod and shots of motel signs until the sun set in Sarasota and I stopped at the Sundial Motel, my home for the night.

For those of you who know how I chose my mechanic in Indy, (Mr. Bendo), here's where I'd go in Florida.




The Doors...

I'm really liking this new series.







Think "break on thru to the other side" by, of course, The Doors, as the soundtrack.




The farther south, the more mobile home parks I see, and I feel the first pang of missing those two snowbirds.







Decisions, Decisions...too much neon and googie 50's architecture to choose from.
I end up at the Sundial Motel...and am treated to ice from the owners personal fridge, vintage bathroom tile and high speed wireless internet...that was unadvertised, but greatly appreciated.









Goodnite, Sarasota.

No comments: