Friday, June 06, 2008

Flashback Friday...Summer time

I had company in town all week and missed out on Sunday dinner.
Heard that it was spent at Ellis' pond, one of our family's favorite summer time hang outs.
The last time I was there, I wondered why it seemed so small.
In my memory, the shelter was as big as a house.
The pier went on forever.
The square "pontoon" was too big and scary for me to swim to or play on.
The boat was like a yacht and the water skiers stayed up for hours.
The water pump was too big for me to work by myself and the "lake" was like one of the great lakes.
I have to dig to get to see if I can find more pictures, but here is one from Aunt Mary.

It's the only picture of the speed boat that I've ever seen.
What's the story behind the silver boat? Where did it come from and does anyone know whatever happened to it? I remember Dad stored it in Rudolph's barn? Did it sell with the house?
I love that Dad has his standard station and farming outfit on. Remember when he never wore shortsleeves, even while farming out on a cab-less tractor? He always said it was cooler. His tan started and ended at the wrists and his tan line on his head always ended at the rim of his hat.

So, anyone who knows anything about the boat or has a favorite memory of Ellis' or even why we were able to go there (did Dad farm their ground)...give us a shout out on the comments!

No comments: