Friday, May 30, 2008

Flashback Friday...Y2K revisited

My friends Joel, Danielle and 2 year old Evie from England are visiting America this week and staying with me. We've had fun catching up and remembering old days and so, I thought it would be fun to flashback in the history of our friendship.
I knew Joel first and Danielle later and then both of them together.
Joel is from England and was here the same year Heidi lived with me.
Danielle moved from Jersey to live at Main Street a year or two later.
They then met and had a long distance relationship over the ocean and eventually got engaged. They asked me to be in their wedding in England on Jan. 3, 2000.
International travel has never been that big of a deal, but it was the year that Americans were freaking out about Y2K and everyone was sure that flying on a plane across the ocean the week that the world was going to end was just plain crazy.
Well, never being one to pass up something that is just plain crazy, I said yes, and left the Y2K frenzy behind.
Of course, the world did not stop on Dec. 31-Jan. 1.
The Hayden's even braved the scare and hosted their regular party (check out Jamie's glasses)
and the wedding went off as planned...(despite the too tight sharkskin dress)and eight years later, I'm happy to be sitting across the room from them once again.

No comments: