Monday, May 03, 2010

Fixing Vandercar - Season 1 ~ Episode 1

After Lori finished up my cut, it was Susie's turn for cutting.
Sandy was impressed with the back of my hair...I had no idea it was so, um, wild looking.






I could never in one million years get my hair to do this...and it only lasted the minute or two that I sat still.

Watching Lori cut hair was truly like watching a painter.

I know there is a method, but she just kind of moves around and snips here and there and then out comes the finished artwork.









And then, just when I thought we were all done...The Fixer (Sandy) and The Teller (Susie), told the Artist (Lori) that the star of the show (Vandercar) was going to the Waxing Room.

After a lot of hemming and hawing on my part and the dispelling of wive's tales on their part, I knew I wasn't gonna get out of it, so I gave the ground rules (I still wanna look like me), sat down in the hot seat and handed the camera over, once again.

There was lots of laughing and telling me that it wouldn't hurt that bad and even hand holding for moral support.







I'll let you be the judge whether I thought it hurt or not!












Then the pros took their turns.
Susie didn't even flinch.
And Sandy smiled thru every second.
...Whatever.
So, there. I survived.
But then was told to "sit back down," I wasn't done. We still needed to do the lip.
"Wait, what?"
"The lip."
"Um."
This is where my new friend, Lori said: "Don't worry, it doesn't hurt as much as the brows."
Believing her, I sat back down.Fortunatly for your amusement and a little show called "Funniest Home Videos," Susie found the video mode on the camera.
Sidenote:
Once when my Dad was in the hospital and kept pulling his oxygen out of his nose, the nurses taped it to his face...virtually taping his mouth shut, making his round cheeks even rounder...and he had a pathetic look in his eyes of "help me." If you look closely at the first few seconds of this video you will see Bob Vandercar's ghost.
So, did you see Lori, my new friend, jumping up and down after I realize how
"it doesn't hurt as much as the brows?"
I point at her and say, "That is not true!"
Off camera, she says: "I lied! I had my toes crossed!!"

Stay tuned for the finale as we wrap up this episode of Fixing Vandercar with the before and after shots!

No comments: