Monday, May 24, 2010

I didn't make it up.

Got the confirmation from Aunt Mary that I did not make the "Thobut" story up or dream it.
I asked Barb to show Aunt Mary the blog entry and sure enough, Aunt Mary had "the rest of the story."
Turns out it was Aunt Mary that gave Goulash it's alternate name and the Cobb's forever had Thobut instead of Goulash.

Here's what Barb wrote:

"Talked to mom and this the story about "though but." Winfred had scarlet fever and my mom and your mom were sent to stay with Aunt Jess. She made goulash for dinner. Mom had never had it before and really liked it. She said to Aunt Jess, "I really like this. I don't know what it is though but I want some more." Forever after it was called "though but. Didn't know you guys called it that too. I thought it was just a Cobb thing. Don't know how old they were. Winfred died when mom was 7 so had to be sometime before."

So there you have it.
Another story saved by Aunt Mary to pass onto your grandkids.
Now everybody go make some Thobut and tell the story to your kids!

Directions to here:
I'm sorry Sandy, I'm a memory hoarder.
It's my job and duty.

1 comment:

Big Papa said...

In my book family memories are OK to hoard.