Saturday, February 03, 2007

o2.o1.o7....Clean Sweep Day #1

I don't really know the story behind this picture, but that's me...in my crib, with a lot of stuff surrounding me. I imagine my sisters were "watching" me and me being their very own live baby doll, well...you see the rest of the story.

Fast forward 41 years.
I'm still sitting in my "crib" surrounded by a lot of stuff.
Okay, that's an understatement. So much stuff that my bedrooms that used to look like bedrooms now look like warehouses or what you see when you open a u-lock storage space. All I want to do is get rid of some furniture in the bedrooms and move some furniture from the bedrooms into the living room. But it's all trapped by the stuff. So, I'm taking the next four days to clean sweep. NO, (Sandy), I'm not putting all I own out in the parking lot, but I am sorting thru stuff and "restacking"....in hopes to get the furniture I don't want out...and the furniture I do want in.
I could be taking a road trip. I could be photographing neon motel signs. I could be shopping for more cool stuff. That sounds like such a better way to use a rebate holiday, 2 days off and 1 vacation day. But I'll be good. I'll face the stuff and clean up the "crib"

Directions to here:
It used to be a closet...the front closet...whenever I got something I didn't know what to do with, I'd throw it in the front closet. I'd go to Earl's auction every tuesday night, and pretty much furnished the apartment on dollar couches and tables. After Heidi left, I decided no roommate could ever take her place, so I decided to live alone...giving me more space. Then
depression set in...then mom passed away leading to more mind-numbing, body paralyzing depression. Then I left Keynote which made more stuff at home that used to live at the office. Then I started working at a bookstore...that has a huge discount and a huge dumpster of free books, cds, movies that get thrown away everyday (like an alcoholic working in a bar, as Rhonda said). Then I started making videos and never got pictures put back one show after another. Then we cleaned out mom and dad's house...and well, we all know how that went...wagon loads of stuff to bring home. Then, well then...127 mile yard sale, Kane county flea market, niles michigan, Indy flea market and all that with money in my pocket. Which leads to the present day furniture trapped in the bedrooms state of the crib.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vaguely remember loading up that crib, I don't know what the purpose was other than something cute to do to little sis.
Maybe some of the nicer things we had done to you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that was Big Brothers comment.

nancy said...

which big brother? i'm sure it must be mike...since dave is so internet savy...am i right?

Anonymous said...

You got it. Verna told me you were wondering which one other wise I probably wouldn't have come back for a second look at your comments. This also led me to take a second look at the picture.
In the second look I noticed the animal on your head, to funny.
I think I recognize the hat in the last picture as being one of mine also. So I guess I am probably guilty of piling on, but I would bet that I had some help also.