Friday, December 07, 2007

Flashback Friday...Snow Day

Snow is falling on Main Street.
I just heard a plow go by.
Winter is officially here.


Being the youngest, I think I missed most of the "all play" snow days. But someone had to teach me how to make snow angels and I do remember rolling snow men into being...so thank you whoever took me outside to "play" in the snow...I know you were all probably over it by that time.
My favorite all time memories involving snow and home are:
1. Burying bottled coke in the snow bank to make it extra ice cold and
2. How the side yard would be transformed into a winter wonderland every December when the Dad would plant the forest of Christmas trees for sale at the Log Cabin.

4 comments:

Big Papa said...

The snow was a lot deeper in those days. Look at me I had to wear hip boots to go out in it.
Wasn't I the coolest.

Anonymous said...

Great to see some things never change dad, i.e. your fashion!

I never knew Grandpa sold Christmas trees. Is there anything he wouldn't sell.

Luke

nancy said...

Mike,
was the snow deeper or were you shorter?

Come to think of it when i think of the drifts in the front yard...I think you're right! Living on concrete and pavement for the last 15 years...i don't see that anymore...except of course on top of my car in the mornings i'm late leaving for work!

vande2 said...

This is where Luke gets the bad fashion. It's genetic. :)