Friday, September 19, 2008

Flashback Friday...Remembering Dad some more.

Thanks to all of you for stopping by.
Sorry I've been missing in action in blog land.
I've thought about writing everyday and there are lots of great pictures to post.
But I've just been....

Anyway, I owe you a couple flashbacks so here we go.
Do you know how sometimes you remember being at an event even if you weren't there, because you saw the pictures?
For example, Susie was convinced that she remembered being at Aunt Mary's wedding. Well, maybe she was, but she was like 2 weeks old. After talking about it she said she feels like she remembers, but she's probably just remembering seeing the pictures.

I remember events and important dates by images, visuals and pictures.
If I want to know what happened in July of 2006, I think about what pictures are in that folder. I think that's why I'm such a Rainman when it comes to the "what year was it?" game.
But have you ever looked at someone else's pictures from the same event?
It throws a completely different angle on how you remembered the event.
I noticed this when I was at Aunt Mary's and was looking thru her pictures. There were pictures from events that we both have pictures of, but her pictures were different.
It's as tho they were taken "from the other side of the room."
It made me remember things I hadn't before.

So it is and was with remembering Dad.
As you remember and for those of you who weren't at the funeral, we had a time for anyone to share a memory of Dad.
I'm so glad we did this.
It was touching and wonderful to hear what made Dad special to each individual. It was great to hear familiar stories told from someone else's perspective. It made me think of all new images and pictures and gave me an deeper appreciation for my Dad and his relationship to our family, and his friends and the way he lived his life.

Thank you all for sharing.
I may post some of your stories here in the future.
I know there are others who had memories and stories to tell.
And I think all of us would love to hear them.
If you write them down or tell them to me, I'll post them here.

I'd love to hear many more stories taken from "the other side of the room."

Directions to here:
leave a comment or send an email: justagirlon66@yahoo.com

and by the way...
i did end up adding more pictures to the previous post, in case you missed them the first time!
Also can anybody guess who's view this picture was?

7 comments:

Power Up Love said...

I invite you to visit www.PowerUpLove.com real people sharing real stories about how love has really impacted and changed their lives. Share your story, struggles, or testimonies. Blessings...

Anonymous said...

Don't know who's view it is, but is it possible someone had a camera in the shower with them? Just thought it looked like frosted glass on the lower pane.

Patty said...

The view is out Mom and Dad's window from their bedroom.

Patty said...

Or the more I look at it it could be out or your bedroom window.

Anonymous said...

I would have to guess Nancy's bedroom being that there is a tree visible on the right side.

I like Tom's guess though!

Luke

Big Papa said...

I think Luke and Patty are right. The tree on the right side of the picture is between the two bedroom windows. Pretty much right inline with the bathroom window.

Big Papa said...

I don't know what I was thinking when I posted my comment. Thinking one thing and saying another, a senior moment.

I think Patty is right in saying mom & dad's bedroom because of the tree on the right being just outside the bathroom window.