Friday, April 04, 2008

Flashback Friday....We Cousins

After posting last week's Flashback Friday about Grandpa Bryant, I emailed all the Turner/Bryant cousins that I had addresses for.
It's been fun getting a few emails back and hearing from cousins I haven't seen in awhile or know little about. I've thought a lot this week about how cool it is to have and be a cousin.
Cousins
They kinda look like you, but also have a different bloodline thrown in to make them unique.
Cousins
They know the same general stories as you, but often tell it from a different perspective.
Cousins
They have some of the same pictures that your mom or dad took, but theirs are taken from the other side of the room by your Aunt or Uncle.
Cousins
They go on and on to the inth degree making the potential family reunion the size of a large town or a small city.

I love being a cousin.
I love having cousins.

Bryant Cousins
Then
and now:
Vandercar Cousins
then:
and now:
Directions to here:
Calling all cousins!
I want to hear from you.
I'm working on making a family website.
Until then, pass this page along to all the cousins you know and send me your and any email addresses I may not have.
Let's start the family reunion via the world-wide-web.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nanc, great post! i love mikes cowboy hat in that one...he sure was cute:)...i remember when i first started going with him...my nanny said "looks like you got yourself a cuddly teddy bear!"

vande2 said...

I love...
Susie's "false face" in #1 (remember that song?)...
Mike's shirt that looks like it's buttoned crooked in #3...
Elden in the basket in #4...
That the little girl on the far right looks like me in #6...
and that the ladies in #7 all have the very same smile. :)

Anonymous said...

Which of the Bryant sisters is in the mirror in the second picture?

nancy said...

Erik, I'm pretty sure it's my mom, Helen Jean in the mirror. I love that about this picture.
Tammy, what's the false face? I do love Susie's face in that shot...and I love the cowboy on the cereal box...which i had that now, for my kitchen decor!
Does anyone know whose houses where the old shots are taken? I recognize Grandma Fern's little house and maybe the white house is Indian Gardens...how about the interior shots? Anybody?

vande2 said...

There was a song we sang in elementary school around Halloween..."who's behind this false face? nobody knows but me" is all I remember, but you made a circle with your thumb and first finger, turned your hands upside down, and put them over your eyes. It made me laugh to remember my kindergarten class doing it, and half of the kids couldn't figure out the hand thing.

Big Papa said...

Another great post Nanc. I love the old pictures. I think I have most of the IDs right but am having a little trouble identifying all the kids in some of the photos.
I'm pretty sure that the house in the background of # 4 is the house at Indian Gardens, and the room in # 6 was Aunt Gladys and Uncle Jim's living room. I remember them having that wrap around sofa and thinking that it was so cool ultra modern.

Anonymous said...

I love that you can't tell if it's Uncle Dave or me in picture 6! And that the baby on the far left looks like Levi. Who is that?

Luke

Anonymous said...

cool clock too at aunt gladys!