Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fixing Vandercar - Season 1 ~ Episode 1 (con't)

Sister Susie was getting highlights, so she was first up in the shampoo room and then onto the chair.
While waiting, I got a better look around the place and found these things to be very cool: lights, boots and the upside down Christmas tree! Then it was Susie's turn to wait.
While her color did it's magic, I took my turn in the shampoo room.
It was there that Lori and I decided that I will move to Lowell and open up a book/coffee shop across the street in what was Nellie Jane's (another bank building, I believe) and we will do cross promotions for each other's business! Oh, and we'll be neighbors too, cause I'll get an apartment in the upstairs of one of the buildings downtown. (please, pay no attention to my oversized neck in this picture).

Then it was onto the chair where Sandy and Susie watched Lori go to work!

This is where I'm telling Lori my first memory of getting my hair "done."
Which tho innocent enough, probably scarred me for life and made me wary of "beauticians."
Watching Lori work, tho, I was starting to relax and see that there is a difference between a person who cuts hair and a stylist. This girl, is an artist!

THEN, just when I was RELAXED..
I heard Sandy, the fixer,
say the word
WAX.

Stay tuned for the visit to the unexpected room where my new found confidence in the beauty business gets put to the test.

No comments: