Friday, March 06, 2009

Flashback Friday...Urban Cowboys

well, I finally got around to watching Urban Cowboy.
I think I had seen most of the movie in clips over the years, but I never sat down and watched the whole thing.
it is a keeper.

(cowboy) hats off to John Travolta and Debra Winger,
groups like The Charlie Daniels Band,
talents like riding the mechanical bull
and of course,
bars like Gilley's.

all the eye and ear candy got me thinking about our own walk thru the Urban Cowboy era.
a short period in time when it was perfectly okay
to go line dancin' and two steppin',
grow mountain men beards,
and wear cowboy hats in family portraits.

so pull on those pointed cowboy boots
and saddle up for some Urban Cowboy,
Vandercar Family style.

"Gilley's, Hebron, Indiana
a.k.a. "the shop"

Marshall Tucker contemplation

"Hosh"

Bud E. Weiser

Bud & Sissy

Bud & Sissy + young-ins

Rocky Mountain High mountain man

J.R. and sons

Junior, the real deal cowboy and his lovely cherokee squaw

Garth, Jr.

sons (and daughters) of the pioneers

and the grand daddy of 'em all!


Directions to here:
brought to you by this ridiculous urban cowgirl who was hissin' and a snortin' on wednesday nite, cause she didn't get to go to see Merle Haggard with you at d.c.'s country junction. or flynns in shelby. or gentlemen toms. or jacks or better.




1 comment:

Big Papa said...

I would wonder where you come up with all those pictures, but then I stop and think about it, and our fun loving family and I know, it could be on any Sunday, Monday, Tue.....