Friday, February 25, 2011

Flashback Friday..."We're going to Disney World!!"

Looking forward to hearing the Hayden Disney Review and seeing some new pics.

The last time I was at Disney these shorts were in style and okay to wear in public!

I think the only other time that I was at Disney was with Mom and Dad.

I remember Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and It's a Small World. Where we got stuck in a boat for a long time. Stuck in a boat with Bob Vandercar. Stuck in a boat with Bob Vandercar and "It's a small world being sung over and over and over and over again. Stuck in a boat with Bob Vandercar and "It's a small world being sung over and over" and long enough for even a kid under 10 to see that it's just machines moving the same motion over and over.

Maybe I should have gone again to get that song out of my head!

Anyway, here's some more vintage Disney...










I know there is more...just have to do more digging!

Directions to here:
Did I make this story up about getting stuck in the "It's a Small World ride?" How in the world did Mom ever make it thru Disney world? A lotta walking...yet it seems like we were all on this ride together. Dave, Patty? were you there? Anyone? Memory Keeper is failing. However, I do remember all the words to "It's a Small World." Afterall.

5 comments:

Big Papa said...

The year the hippies were there was 1975 the first year they were open.
I seem to remember the small world ride going on forever also. I think that may have just been in it's design.

Stephanie Hildebrandt said...

actually it opened in 71. first year for space mountain was 75. we represented 1973 for the 25th anniversary in 96 when we took cori. i'll try to find a pic of the caastle all decorated as a cake.

Hosh said...

When we went when we were younger we also go stuck on the Its a Small World ride. Seems like a reoccurring problem that has haunted many peoples' memories!

Ed E said...

interestingly enough, i don't ever remember you guys going to Disney. I would have been 11yo. in 75.

Anonymous said...

Who are the tall hippies and why are they looking at me?