Tuesday, February 08, 2011

A Song for a Tuesday Morning

Lyrics to this version:

Precious Lord, take my hand, 
Bring me home through the night, 
Through the dark, through the storm, to thy light. 
I have been to the mount, 
I have seen the Promised Land. 
Precious Lord, precious Lord, take my hand. 
Precious Lord, Take my hand, 
Bring Thy child home at last, 
Where the strife and the pain all are past. 
I have dreamed a great dream that 
Thy love shall rule our land. 
Precious Lord, precious Lord, take my hand. 
Precious Lord, take my hand, 
Take Thy child unto Thee, 
With my dream of a world that is free. 
For that day when all flesh joins the glory 
Thou hast planned, 
Precious Lord, precious Lord, take my hand.

Directions to here:
This was recorded the morning of Mom & Dad's 50th anniversary party.
Our family and the church and choir had just heard that Uncle George had died in the early morning hours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy - It always amazes me how you can come up with all these old videos and pictures. This was great!
Thinking of you today and tomorrow.
Janet

nancy said...

Janet - welcome to what goes on in my head 24/7.

robert said...

Greetings from Wordwise Hymns. Thanks for sharing the version of "Precious Lord." I posted about the song this morning, and some months ago shared the touching story of how in came to be written. I invite you to check my blog.