Friday, January 23, 2009

Flashback Friday...LTR update

Verna reminded me the other day that it's been one year since I got the HHR and entered into a LTR (long term relationship) with Harris.

So far, I must say it's been a pretty good run.

About a month after the commitment, I experienced the first scratch (probably from someone at the bar next door) and later a door ding (while I was still in the car, mind you).
Public parking is...well, public parking.


Two months in, I was leaving work for the night and opened the door to find the rearview mirror like this. And I thought, "and so it begins." I get a car and it has to start falling apart. I think it was the dealer's fault in Chicago, cause it was missing a part. I took it in for a safety recall repair here in Indy and the Chevy dealer attached it for free.

Then about 5 months in, I, of course discovered the obligatory chip in the windshield. Does this have to happen to every car I own? I guess so.

The only major breakdown happened on I-65 and it was no fault of the car. A car in front of me ran over something and when I think about the large piece of whatever it was flying toward the windshield, I guess it was a blessing that it ended up dropping at the last second and taking out the radiator instead of my head.










Farmer Jerry's crew were there 20 minutes flat to load me up and thanks to Tom had me back in business within the week.





There are a few quirks that I've had to get used to. The price of the "gansta" style windshield is less visibility for taking "drive by
shots," but I guess one should not be taking pictures while driving anyway.

There was a bet as to how long it would take before there was something in the back to haul around. And I think Phil at the store won. He guessed 20 minutes. But really it was more like 1 hour. The first thing that went in the back was the girl's arm. It just felt right.
And yes, the back is full right now (but it's all stuff that is going to the thrift store, well, most of it is going to the thrift store, the Santa head is staying with me). And by the way, Bobble loves it cause he has a place on the dashboard when we are on a trip and when it's sunny, a "house" that he can go in to stay out of the sun so he doesn't fade away.

I've only taken one road trip so far, but have managed to add 14,000 miles to the odometer : (
And as far as Harris goes...we've had thirteen dates...with only 47 to go.

Directions to here:
And all this time, I still don't have a name for it. I've been a little hesitant, cause once you give a car a name, it has a soul and if it has a soul, it can then break your heart.
I'm up for suggestions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Ninja" because it's dark and sleek; but it's not a real name, so you can still keep your distance if you want.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were calling it Harris. Or is that the model?

nancy said...

Harris is the name of the Bank that I have the Long Term Relationship with.