Thursday, January 22, 2009

Introducing Picture Roulette

So, I've got 2 folders on my desktop.
The file size of these folders is huge.
They both contain pictures.
One is of pictures that I've scanned or have stolen from elsewhere.
The other contains digital pictures that are waiting to be labeled.
Another folder within a photo program contains all the digital pictures I've labeled and organized.

Most of you have similar files.

It is the digital revolution.
It's changed the way we take and deal with pictures.
And it's a good thing.
But here's the deal.
Sandy is the only one I know that prints pictures anymore.
I miss sitting down and flipping through the pictures you just got developed.
And it makes me a little nervous that you all have 1,000s of pictures that I'll never see and vice versa.
It makes me even more nervous, that all of our computers will eventually crash.
But that is another issue for another post.

Back to Picture Roulette.
I'm playing a new game.
I got a new mouse that has a non-click wheel (sort of like a roulette wheel) and I'm placing it at the top the of file list and giving it a spin and where ever it lands, that's the picture I'm gonna share.
Step right up and spin the wheel!

Here's our first winner:
Directions to here:
Lake house: Floating Sisters. Stolen from Sister Susie

4 comments:

james and michele said...

i print pictures! that was my one thing with getting a digital. i promised myself that i had to print them off so they wouldn't get lost. this past year i ended up doing cheap photobooks, but this year i'm back to real copies. there is only one point in time right after i got my camera that i didn't print them out, and i'm afraid they are lost. (college graduation and dav and whit's wedding) everything else is done. so come flip through my pictures sometime! :)

nancy said...

i knew i could count on you... : )

Patty said...

I think shel would be a good candidate for 365. Come on Shel join us!!
Patty

Anonymous said...

nanc, you know i do too.
steph <><