Friday, January 16, 2009

Flashback Friday...Windchillin'

When I left for work on Thursday, it was negative 6 degrees with a frigid wind chill.
Now, if you grew up in the midwest, you know what happens to the inside of your nose when it's that cold. You can actually feel the hairs inside your nose, cause whatever is in there freezes upon breathing in the cold air.
That's the kind of cold it was on Thursday and as soon as I felt the nose thing, I thought of my good friend, Stacy. (the girl in the middle) Stacy is a California girl and found herself living through her first Indiana winter in 1993. She made me laugh all the time, but I'll never forget the day that we went outside together on a day like this past thursday and she had a shocked and concerned look on her face and frantically wanted to know what was wrong with her nose! Being a surf and sun girl she had never experienced the "nose hair freeze." I still laugh out loud everytime it's cold enough for the nose freeze and think of her. And Stacy? Well, she's laughing too, at us, because she now, once again lives in California where the temperature was positive 73 today. However, she is suffering through a severe weather alert. San Diego is under a high surf advisory in effect until Saturday afternoon. I mean the waves could get 5 feet high, on the beach, where you can go, cause it's warm.

Here's a few shots from back in 1993 from a trip to Lowell with Stacy and friends.

Sometime in the winter of 1993, I recruited Stacy, Rhonda, Craig and Norma to come to Lowell with me and help me speak at a service at Range Line. I bribed them with a trip to the Art Institute of Chicago.
We then met up with the family at the River to use Mom and Dad's Christmas gift certificates.The next morning was the church service.
Rhonda, Craig and Norma did the readings and talked about Paragon (the group that made slide shows), I spoke about change. And Stacy sang one of my favorite songs called "You remain Unchanged." (It was this trip, where we started talking about doing a Paragon show to this song and that summer we premiered it at our staff training).
You all came out for the service. (Thank you, by the way)!

And then we headed to the farm to play in the snow!
Jeremy and me.
(look at that big pool in the background)!
Trouble Trio
Jeremy and Stacy
Bob was still rider, not yet a driver
The Sled and sledders.
More sledders. It was tied to Dave's truck.
And being pulled by a truck over a bumpy field.
A rough ride. I was in the back of the truck trying to keep the camera steady!
Now they got the hang of it.
I love the dogs in the background (Buddy and ?? Codiac, maybe or one of Shanna's)?

Directions to here:
If I recall, Dave's transmission went out the week after we took this ride!

No comments: