Thursday, September 13, 2007

Breaking the speed limit at ikea

IKEA in less than 45 minutes?

Step aside Susie and Sandy, meet my boss, Chris.

So, I think I may have met a speeder that is even speedier at shopping than Susie and Sandy.

Is that possible, you ask?
Well, imagine my delight when I realized that IKEA is only 11 miles away from the new store we are here to help open. So, after rolling in and checking in, I asked Chris if she wanted to go to IKEA. It was 7pm and I thought...only 2 hours, but thought, I'm here so I'll just have to see what we can see in the time we have. Chris had never been and only wanted to go because EVERYONE at the store told her "oh, you have to go." We went in, my eyes started glazing over, my mouth started watering and Chris never stopped walking forward! We made it thru the showroom and everything and were back in the car in 45 minutes!
How did she pull this off with me, you ask?
Well, she is the boss after all and the only thing that kept me from hyper-ventilating from nervous overload, was knowing that well, it is only 11 miles from where we are staying and I can go back on my own.
Actually, it was a good thing, cause now I've seen the overview of everything and I can go back to what caught my eye and look at the details on maybe, Friday.

The surprise of the day was heading toward IKEA and realizing our hotel is on the highway that's the best...Route 66!
Yep, God winked at me.
And I ate supper at a diner that is connected to a bowling alley on 66. Oh, and for my recent diner friends, Heather and Cathy, this time I ordered the Hot Beef Sandwich...with mashed potatoes.
Yum.
I needed the comfort after the sprint thru IKEA.

Chris "speedin'" Turner
seen here at the Lexington Grand Opening

2 comments:

Big Papa said...

If you are on route 66 you and 11 minutes from Ikea you can't be to far from my office in Burr Ridge. Look to the North between Route 83 and County Line and you will see it.
Just West of our office on the frontage road near route 83 is the Chicken Basket Restaurant. This is an original Route 66 diner that used to have an ice skating rink on the roof. I think it is still open and used to have great food.

nancy said...

yes, mike.

I thought I had to be close...
I saw your office and chix basket on my 2000 trip!
So far haven't had time to run around...and if i do have time...i "should" be back at the hotel working on wedding video!