Wednesday, December 31, 2008

new year's hope

I always get a little giddy and hopeful when I go into an office supply store.
The rows and rows of neatly stacked office supplies have a way of convincing me that if I just had one of everything or if I had the right combination of supplies, then organization would be possible, piles would disappear and projects would never go uncompleted.

I know this is an illusion.
But every time the automatic doors slide open and I walk into Staples, I believe it none-the-less.
Same goes with the New Year.
Every December, I'm swamped with the world of retail at work and video editing for the Family Christmas video at home. It's a non-stop, all work and no play month. I start to dream about the New Year about mid month and start to form lists and resolutions and plan about how great it's gonna be to have a clean slate and about how much I'm gonna do, get done and who I'm gonna be. It's a little like the office supply giddiness.

I know this is an illusion.
But every time the year approaches the end of the calender, I believe it none-the less.

So here we go.
2009...all shiney and new.
Let the illusion begin.

No comments: