Sunday, March 25, 2007

Highway 41...Day 4...Relaxin' in Orlando

Thanks to the kindness and phone calls of the ever capable Peggi, I didn't have to resort to converting the Vic into a convertible to get cooled off. We started the day dropping the Vic off to get the air fixed. I wish audio blogger was still available so you could hear the authentic, thick accent of the Irish mechanics at Shamrock. Peggi and I explored all the antique and thrift shops in the cute town of St. Cloud while the guys worked on the car. On the way back home, I passed three ladies on the classic Florida three wheelers. These ladies made me laugh out loud as I was reminded of the folks at Mariner's Cove. This was the drive by shooting:
Spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing with the Bontekoe's in their wonderful home. Tim's favorite spot..."the room," is worthy of his media affections and impressed me very much, enough so, that I considered spending the rest of my vacation staying here and watching movies.















Peggi's favorite spot, I think, is the patio...a perfect place to relax and begin training to be a professional dart thrower. I'm considering it as my next big career move.













According to dart pro, Tim, the red bullseye is not the highest score on the board. Who knew? After he told me it was the 20 - red slot, I hit it everytime.

Spent Saturday night catching up with the Guilford's.
I adore Matt and Betsy. Adore.
Matt is a terrific humble artist and makes drawing look effortless. Betsy makes numbers bend, combine and stand in line at attention on a spread sheet like nobody's business. But what I like most about them is that they are themselves. Real, funny, deep, kooky and completely themselves. Did I mention I adore them?

Went to bed dreaming of Mermaids as tomorrow is back to 41 and on to Weekie Wachee!

Directions to here:
Orlando...why are you so far away from Indy?
Having caught up with good friends, I wish these two cities were closer together.
Regardless I am blessed by these good people. Thank you friends, for a wonderful visit !

No comments: