Monday, July 24, 2006

Sunday's Road and the birthday girl, sister #3

The last day of this vacation....went according to the original vacation plan...and was spent with Sister Susie...the birthday girl seen here with her grandkid entourage:
We had a lazy afternoon down at Ellis' pond and a great Sunday dinner where we sang Happy Trails to Shelley, who was getting ready to blaze her own road down to TEXAS to spend the next year of her life. But I have to say my heart was heavy most of the day from the news that came from South Bend about Cody being in the hospital after an accident saturday night. He's thankfully okay...but facing some serious days ahead.
It's been a good vacation, but also a long and emotionally taxing week. But thinking about Jolene...makes me appreciate the days and minutes I have, no matter how light or heavy they are...at least I have them.

Directions to here: 41 to 10 to I-65 south to SR 2 to Colorado to 173rd to sister susie's kitchen bow our heads and pray

No comments: