Thursday, January 17, 2008

Biggest Loser...Season 3

Weighing In

Well, with all the car drama I didn't get this posted when I wanted to.
The Biggest Loser...Family Edition is on for the third year in a row.
The official start date and weigh in was two sundays ago. We have changed the way we are recording stuff and the money, but the goal is still the same...to be a loser.

Now, if you're like me...Sunday dinner attendance every week is not possible, so we are hoping to have online participation as well. And there is still time to get in.

Here's the deal.
It is $20.00 to join.
Pick a scale, any scale and you and only you, will know your starting weight.
(I am doing my home scale on Sunday mornings and Susie's digital scale on Sunday nites...but my home scale will be the official one for me).
Weigh yourself every week at the same time on the same scale and instead of sharing our total weight, we are reporting numbers. For example: -2 means I lost 2 pounds this week, or +3 means I gained. If you lose that week, you pay nothing. If you gained, you pay $2.00 a pound. Again, it's on your honor...and many times there won't be anyone to collect money...so just keep track and set it aside. At the end...the biggest loser will collect the money!

Sister Susie made these handy charts for us to use...I think you should be able to right click and save it to your computer to print:



Listen, it's not about the money, okay?
It's not even about being the biggest loser, or fitting into old jeans, or weighing less than my brother (turns out BOTH brothers), I just want to be around for the long haul to enjoy all our lives have to offer and my goal is to be stronger and healthier and to try to be less likely to have bigger problems down the road.

Are you in?

Directions to here:
I'm thinking of making a "family blog site" where everyone has the password and can post at any time. But until then, I'll try to do a weigh in weekly report for you onliners...you can post your up 1 or down 1 's, tips, questions, recipes or whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, about the blog site.. you can simply make a blog and tell people the email address of it (blogger provided email address) and any thing sent to that email address automatically shows up on the blog.. including pictures!!

about that cool little device I was talking about.. go here for a reasonable discription of it..
http://www.buygpsnow.com/i-gotU-Water-Proof-USB-Travel-Logger-GPS-for-Digital-Cameras-and-Camera-Phones-(USB-Data-Logger--SiRF-III)(Bumper-Case--Docking-Cradle-and-Software-Included)__937.aspx

you can find it on ebay too...

basically, its just a little box you keep in your purse or pocket.. it does not attach to your camera or anything..