Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bobble says...

Thanks for helping Nancy Pimp my Ride !!!

Yep!
It's true.
It's still in Chicago, but I'm going back to pick it up on Friday.
After Tom worked long and hard to try to resuscitate the Crown Vic, he finally had to pronounce it beyond what was worth putting in to it.

I found this deal on Craigslist.
I then spent a stressful day (Susie says "what's wrong with your face?" ) talking to the dealer and to my bank and learning how to play the car dealership game and wondering whether it was worth the 1.5 hour drive to look at it. Thanks to all your advice, good wishes and cheerleading me on, Luke, the professional tire-kicker and I went to look at it. While I was admiring the black and silver contrast and asking how the radio worked and where the ipod jack was, Luke was up in the engine...crawling underneath with a flashlight and checking all the important stuff.
It ended up being a drastic price reduction, was in good shape and still has the remainder of the factory warranty, so I said yes.

Thanks for all your good wishes and help.
Special thanks to Tom for spending two days in the rain working on the Vic, The Haydens for housing me and watching me pace, Tammy for spending the 2nd nite alone with all the kids (I didn't know Luke had been gone the night before), Luke for saying "Let's go for it" when I was ready to forget it and Mike and Verna for loaning me a car for the in-between time. And for all the rest of you who have cheered me on thru break downs, car troubles and hoped me into pimping my ride!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats!

Anonymous said...

I love it Aunt Nancy it's so u!

KB said...

I love the car. How cool to get such a good deal and cool car . . . can't wait to see it in person. Congrats.

Hey, you didn't post anything about the NYE party and American Idol contest. Do people know that you were the runner up? Ah, the talent!!

Patty said...

How cool!!!
Bobble will look so good in it..you will too Nancy!!
Can't wait for a ride.