Friday, January 07, 2011

Flashback Friday...Memory Keeping.

The New Year.
Lots of buzz about resolutions and projects.
Several people asked if I was going to do the 365 project (take one photo everyday) again.
I contemplated it and am not against it, it's just that I have SO MANY pictures already and haven't done anything with them.
I am a memory hoarder.
I do not apologize for this. I am not ashamed.
I love being a Memory Keeper.
I like being able to match a face to a name. A picture to a dot on a map. An item to a word in the dictionary. Even better, if said item has a sentimental value attached to it. Each snapshot is a movie in my head. A paragraph in a book. A link to the past and gives hope and meaning to the future.
I have thousands of pictures from the days of film. Not to mention the photos from our family's archive, dating back to the 1800's. These need to be seen. To be shared. To be marveled upon and enjoyed.
So, I'm back with a 365 project.
It will be 365 scans to be (where able) paired with 365 digital shots.
The goal is to stir up the stories. So feel free to comment and share your memory.
Directions to here:
Won't promise that they go up on a daily basis...but here's where they will be posted:
365 memories

No comments: