Friday, January 14, 2011

Flashback Friday...Sons of Worley

I was sad to hear that the Moore family lost another member this week.
Terry Moore was Junior's youngest brother.

I mostly got to know him thru shared events that focused around Janet, Junior and Darold's life. I saw him mostly at birthday parties, car shows, races and later on, visiting Junior in the hospital.

I remember Terry as a kind man who liked to tease Janet's shy baby sister.
Even tho I was just a kid, he always took the time to talk to me or try to get me to smile or laugh. As I grew up, I enjoyed his stories and watching him interact with his family.

He was a character in his own right, but what I remember most, is the way that these brothers played off of each other when they were all together.
Each of the Moore men are very unique people, but put them together and you have
The Sons of Worley

It would be a great sitcom or at least a very amusing radio talk show that would run the gambit of such topics as cars, beer, cars, truck driving, cars, family, cars, traveling, cars, kids, cars, drag racing, cars, motorcycles, cars, unions, cars, home improvement projects, cars, pets, cars, wives, cars, grandkids, cars, memories of Lydia and Worley, cars and more cars. (can you tell these guys liked cars? : )

 Wilcus had already moved to Texas by the time I came along...so most of my memories are of a combination of two or three of the brothers together.

What I liked most was just listening in on their animated chats, as Mick brings up the topic, Junior asks questions, Terry talks fast;  Mick raises the bar or plays the devil's advocate by contradicting, Junior talks louder, Terry talks faster...repeat this cycle until the case of beer is gone or the race is finished or the car show is over...

I will miss the above "movie moments" when they were all together "shooting the bull" like that,  the
most.

Thanks Terry, for always being kind to me and for being a good guy.

Love,
Janet's baby sister.

1 comment:

Big Papa said...

Talk about hitting the nail on the head!!! You've covered the Sons of Worley very well.