Monday, January 24, 2011

the things we do for love

justagirlon105 in or around 1976

Yes.
It is what you think it is.
No.
I'm not a Packers fan.

My relationship with professional baseball is simple.
I am a Cubs fan.

My relationship to professional football is and always has been a bit more complicated.
My young life and choice of colors was influenced by having a crush on a Packers fan and feeling the need to dress to impress.
Hence, the Packers gear, which my mom (or someone) bought for me without questioning my choices (that I remember, anyway).
It was puppy love and all my efforts got me nowhere with the aforementioned Packer Fan.

My current life is filled with walking (or really driving) a tightrope that is stretched between a city and BOSS that are Colts fans and a Home and Family that are Bears fans.
I usually cheer accordingly, based on which direction the car is pointed.
But I will have you know, when it came down to that one Super game...I said
"Go Bears."

There is my photo confession.
Please forgive my folly.

Bear Down...until next year!

Directions to here:
It IS quite possible that this is a Steeler's jacket. But, I'm pretty sure it was Packers...but the pic looks sort of black and gold. Can't make out the logo, to be sure.


What I do know for sure is I loved that dog, prolly more than I loved the Packer Fan : )

No comments: