Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Survey

I am having fun with the new 365 project...which I've started calling
Have you had a look?

Scanning film takes FOREVER and at this rate, I'll be done scanning 30 years of film when I'm 101.

Here's my question.

I like the photoblog site, because it puts everything in calender  format.
I had no problem posting pics when I was doing my picture a day project cause most of the pics were random shots.

I'm feeling a little uncomfortable putting these more personal shots up there everyday tho because of stories like THIS , where a family ended up having their faces spread across a grocery store ad without them knowing it.

I've thought of moving the project over to this blog, but there will be other stuff that breaks up the "continuity" of the 365 project.
I don't want to "lock" the site down, cause I want you be able to see them without registering to  yet another site.

I don't like facebook, cause I like pictures on a black background. (I'm picky like that).

What say you all?
They are pictures of you and your kids. Do you fret over this as much as I do?
I guess if you put them online they are public.

Susie says I'm over thinking.
who me, overthink?

Any suggestions?

What does the survey say?

4 comments:

Big Papa said...

Want a Vandercar answer? Oh either one works for me. I don't care.

Maybe I don't worry enough about privacy and such but I kind of figure that if you have nothing to hide why worry about it so I wouldn't worry much about posting on the 365 site. But with that said I will also add that from a viewers perspective for the sake of viewing I would rather see them as well as other posts all on the same site.

Luke and Tammy said...

Putting pictures of my kids out there makes me nervous. That's why our blog is not one you can find in a random search. However, other people have posted hundreds of pictures with my kids in them on facebook, so they're out there anyway. You can't win!

Hosh said...

Nancy - I am like you when it comes to thinking... too much... but i fret about the same things. I wonder if people's lives will be any different because so much is posted on line now a days. but like uncle mike says - its not like we having and "ghosts" out there to worry about so who's really watching us..

Anyway - I am always thinking about my blog (even tho I don't post much) but I've probably spent more time thinking about its format than actually posting. I tinker tinker tinker with the colors and width, etc etc. I wonder with all the other ideas I have if where is the best place to put them and organize them. So, here's my thought. I like everything in one place... maybe what you can do is add a tab to your current blog site that will link to the 365 page. Like on my blog I have tabs at the top that link to my picassa page... or maybe you can post it in your main blog and use tag labels to sort it out specially if you want. just some thoughts.

nancy said...

Sarah...
I've been reading about blogger hacks to be able to tab and separate stuff out...but then it get all html-ey...and my eyes cross!

how did you put the tabs on yours...are they just links or labels? I saw that it actually takes you to another page....

I'm thinking of taking it off of photoblog and having a link to another blogger page...just for 365. that way if you are on my main page it's just a click...and the main page stays...stories...the other page is pics.

blogger seems to be a little less out there...than photoblog where people are "looking" all the time.

ugh. think, think.

josh...it's all ones and zeros. want to make me a dancewithnance web home?